- February 8, 2021
- Posted by: Systems Concern
Introduction to ISO 50001
Systems Concern. is one of the largest and leading ISO 50001 consultants in Pakistan. We provide quick, result oriented and easy to implement consultation and training for ISO 50001 certification.
ISO 50001 Energy management system implementation with the consultants and experts of Systems Concern. not only assures 100% successful ISO 50001 certification but also improves process performance and business operations.
We offer onsite and online consultation solutions for ISO 50001 certification. Our customers have been utilizing our services not only for initial certification consultation but also for post certification consultation to ensure that we regularly add value to their business processes and quality standardization initiatives.
The biggest benefit an organization gets out of ISO 50001 EnMS is an improvement in business processes by controlling energy through process standardization. No matter what benefits you are looking for from ISO 50001certification, we will make sure that your organization benefits from ISO 50001 implementation and certification.
What is ISO 50001?
ISO 50001 is an energy management systems standard. It enhances the discipline of energy management. Energy management systems are abbreviated as EnMS.
What is the purpose of ISO 50001?
The purpose of this International Standard is to enable organizations to establish the systems and processes necessary to improve energy performance, including energy efficiency, use, and consumption. Implementation of this International Standard is intended to lead to reductions in greenhouse gas emissions and other related environmental impacts and energy cost through systematic management of energy. This International Standard is applicable to all types and sizes of organizations, irrespective of geographical, cultural or social conditions. Successful implementation depends on commitment from all levels and functions of the organization, especially from top management
Why do we need ISO 50001?
The main objective of the standard is to improve energy-related performance and energy efficiency continuously and to identify energy reduction opportunities. This systematic approach will help organizations to establish systems and processes.
Consistent energy management helps organizations to realize untapped energy efficiency potential. They will benefit from this and make a significant contribution to environmental and climate protection (like the permanent reduction of carbon dioxide in the air).The standard should alert employees and, in particular, the management level about the immediate and long-term energy management gains that can be made. The organization can discover potential savings and competitive advantages. Furthermore, a huge image boost for the organization can be created.
Organizations of all types and sizes increasingly want to reduce the amount of energy they consume to
- reduce costs,
- reduce the impact of rising costs,
- meet legislative or self-imposed carbon targets,
- reduce reliance on fossil fuels, and
- enhance the entity’s reputation as a socially responsible organization.
Contents of ISO 50001:
- General Requirements
- Management Responsibility
- Energy Policy
- Energy Action Plan
- Implementation and Operation
- Performance Audits
- Management Review
Implementation of ISO 50001:
- Develop a policy for more efficient use of energy.
- Fix targets and objectives to meet the policy.
- Use data to understand and make decisions concerned with energy use and consumption.
- Measure the results.
- Review the effectiveness of the policy.
- Continually improve energy management.
Benefits of ISO 50001:
- Builds energy management into business practices.
- Optimizes energy-consuming assets.
- Improves operations and capital cost decisions.
- Facilitates energy management best practices.
- Improves the ability to benchmark, measure and report energy intensity improvements.
- Improves transparency and communication on the management of energy resources.
- Helps in evaluating and prioritizing new energy-efficient technologies.
- Forms a framework for promoting energy efficiency throughout the supply chain.
- Works from large to small organizations across diverse commercial, industrial, and public sectors.
- Increases cost savings.
- Helps to achieve energy efficiency & compliance.
- Reduces environmental impact – carbon & GHG.
- Coordinates energy programs (Energy Efficiency, Energy Production, Renewable Energy, and Alternative Energy).
Do you require the ISO 50001 certification but don’t how to initiate the process then contact Systems Concern now.